Thursday, January 17, 2013

Chewy, Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have searched the web for the BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have tried millions it seems, but today I think I nailed the challenge right on the head. These cookies were soft and chewy in the inside, and the outside had the perfect crunch around the outside. Try them and let me know what you think!!
Here is the recipe!
2 1/4 C. Flour
1 C. Packed Brown Sugar
1/2 C. White Sugar
1 Egg plus 1 Egg Yolk
1/2 t. Salt
1/2 t. Baking Soda
1 T. Vanilla
12 T. Melted Butter - Warm, not super hot
1 1/4 C. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

Preheat your oven to 325. In a small bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. In your mixer cream the butter, and both sugars. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients on low and mix just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop 1/4 cup of dough and shape in a ball. Put on greased cookie sheet and bake 16:30 minutes. (That is the exact time in my oven, but because temperatures vary..... somewhere between 15-17 min) Let the cookies cool for 1 min on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack. Perfect chocolate chip cookie!

4 comments:

  1. These look AMAZING!!! Way better than the past recipes tried! I will have to try them down here and see if it is our ovens that just ruin the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i made them today! they are in the oven right now. they look amazing. cant wait to eat them. miss you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s i just had one. best cookie ive ever had.(and it was really big!) thanks ash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't usually use a mixer when making cookies, but I'll give it a try. Sounds like a great recipe and You know I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete